BROOKS's GENTLEMEN's
GAMING CLUB

Officially Framed Counters

Founded 1764 by William Almack in Pall Mall.

In 1778 moved to 60 St James St Piccadilly.

Manager William Brooks wine merchant and money lender.

The club had a reputation for Heavy Gambling.

Members were famous in the arts. politics and nobility.

A notable quote

"A gentleman's gambling debts were "debts of honour"

to be paid before debts to shopkeepers or tailors and such"

These Counters date from
the late 18th Century.

The gaming chips bear the
Clubs control number
and the name Brookes's

The counters here are
1/2 Guinea, One Guinea, Five Guineas,
10 Guineas, 25 Guineas, 50 Guineas
and 100 Guineas.

CLICK ANY IMAGE FOR A LARGER IMPRESSION

REF: Brookss_Framed      
 

£1,700.00

There are some minor defects to the outer frame

The counters are in good condition having been framed for over 200 years.

CLICK ANY IMAGE FOR A LARGER IMPRESSION

CLICK ANY IMAGE FOR A LARGER IMPRESSION

This site is owned by –  TSSDA © Games et al 1999 – 2022 – Zen