Back to the 18th & 19th Century
Still thriving in St. James’s Street, London SW1A 1LN
John Liston was summoned on the 24th Sept 1792 for keeping an un-licensed gaming house.
Counters to follow shortly
It's debatable if this was a Coffee House or a Gaming House - opinion is divided.
It is apparent that many, probably smaller, Gentlemen's Gaming Clubs did not go to the expense of providing Gaming Counters peculiar to their establishment
64 St James's St, PiccadillyNow the site of the Royal Automobile Club [RAC]
Little Suffolk Street, now Suffolk Place, Haymarket.
One of the most famous of the London Clubs
This Club is being researched at the moment